https://handkinsurance.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Snowmobile-Insurance-Coverage-Common-Questions-scaled.jpg 1707 2560 Admin https://handkinsurance.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/HK340.png Admin2022-01-24 12:09:212022-01-24 12:09:21Snowmobile Insurance Coverage & Common Questions
Snowmobile Insurance Coverage & Common Questions
Riding a snowmobile, or snow machine is an exhilarating experience. Riding a snowmobile across an ungroomed open field with powder snow flying away can be memorable but comes with its share of risks.
Regardless of whether you enjoy sledding fast, slowly in a group, in steep terrain or in poor conditions, it is important to protect you, your passengers, your sled and yourself from injury or damage.
Some of the common snowmobile insurance coverage options can include:
- Comprehensive & Collision Coverage: Comprehensive coverage will protect your snowmobile from theft, vandalism, fire, or a collision with an animal. Collision coverage will provide coverage for the sled from incidents where it is damaged from colliding with another object (such as a tree or fence) or another vehicle.
- Bodily Injury Coverage: Provides medical coverage to pay for 3rd parties where you are found to be at-fault for an accident.
- Property Damage: Provides coverage to pay for property damage you cause if you are found to be at-fault for a covered loss.
- Medical Payments: Different from Bodily Injury coverage, this one is for you or your passenger’s medical bills.
- Custom Parts & Equipment: Covers parts that did not come factory installed on your sled. This can include things like custom paint and cargo racks.
Most asked questions about snowmobile insurance
- How much does snowmobile insurance cost? Snowmobile insurance premiums are calculated by algorithms that use factors such as your age, the type of vehicle being insured, your previous loss history and your gender.
- Is snowmobile insurance required? Depends. If you are using the vehicle on privately owned land such as a farm and you do not have a loan on the vehicle, you likely do not need to insure it. If you are using the vehicle on public lands or roads, then you will need to have liability insurance. If you have a loan on the vehicle, you will be required by the lienholder to carry full coverage.
- How do I get a snowmobile insurance quote? We can provide you with a snowmobile insurance quote in just a few minutes. Furthermore, you can purchase coverage right over the phone so you can get out and enjoy the outdoors without having to worry about being properly covered.
Call an agent in our office today to discuss your insurance needs. As an independent insurance agency, we represent the top names in insurance and can quote multiple insurance companies so you get the best discounts and coverage.